It's World Breastfeeding Week, so here are 8 reasons I love breastfeeding:
- It's free. Or I guess I should say cheap, since I do eat more food, but my extra consumption doesn't cost as much as formula.
- It's easy. I cannot imagine having to deal with bottles. Or having to make sure there's always formula in the house.
- The milk is specifically designed for my kid and her stage in life.
- I can go out and not worry about running out of prepared milk.
- Extra sleep because I don't have to leave my bed during the night (cloth night nappies and side-along cot obviously help with this bit too).
- I seem to lose my extra baby weight pretty effortlessly. I know this isn't true for all women who breastfeed, but it has been for me.
- Lily was breastfed til she turned 2. She is super clever and hardly ever sick, a testament to the proven positive effects of breastfeeding.
- The little grins I get from Violet as she snuggles in close and latches on are priceless.
I have to agree with all of the above, Kate! I have always said that I breastfeed because I am cheap and lazy!ReplyDelete
I say the exact same thing when people ask why I'm still breastfeeding, "I'm cheap and lazy". They always look at me weird, like they expected me to go on and on about the benefits like some other breastfeeding women do. Sometimes I think 'lactivists' actually turn people off the idea.ReplyDelete