It's World Breastfeeding Week, so here are 8 reasons I love breastfeeding:
- It's free. Or I guess I should say cheap, since I do eat more food, but my extra consumption doesn't cost as much as formula.
- It's easy. I cannot imagine having to deal with bottles. Or having to make sure there's always formula in the house.
- The milk is specifically designed for my kid and her stage in life.
- I can go out and not worry about running out of prepared milk.
- Extra sleep because I don't have to leave my bed during the night (cloth night nappies and side-along cot obviously help with this bit too).
- I seem to lose my extra baby weight pretty effortlessly. I know this isn't true for all women who breastfeed, but it has been for me.
- Lily was breastfed til she turned 2. She is super clever and hardly ever sick, a testament to the proven positive effects of breastfeeding.
- The little grins I get from Violet as she snuggles in close and latches on are priceless.